The BIM Coordinator position assists in the Marketing, Estimating and Project Management Departments.
- Coordinates the process of generating and managing digital models of projects plans
- Review 3D Models from consultants and contractorsIdentify inconsistencies and reconditioning data to provide
- accurate and usable data that reflects the intent of the design model.
- Review with the Project Management Team layouts in order to highlight any design issues if any.
- Liaise with other team members to produce design solution as per best design practice.
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day
- Seeks & qualifies new subcontractors
- Contact supply houses and subcontractors to obtain additional bids
- Maintain creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
- Enters all relevant information into Estimating Software
- Design and maintain all construction technical catalogs and prepare supplier data
- Coordinate with project manager and administer efficient working of construction process
- Monitor lifecycle of all projects and prepare all project controls
- Evaluate all projects and recommend various cost savings methods
- Understands how to fit subcontractors to the size/ scope of project
- Degree in Construction Science, Engineering or similar relevant field, preferred
- Knowledge in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD & Bluebeam
- BIM knowledge and interest in working with Construction Technology
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Proficient with MS Office Outlook, Work, Excel and Project