The BIM Coordinator position assists in the Marketing, Estimating and Project Management Departments.
Duties and responsibilities
· Coordinates the process of generating and managing digital models of projects plans
· Review 3D Models from consultants and contractors
· Identify inconsistencies and reconditioning data to provide accurate and usable data that reflects the intent of the design model.
· Review with the Project Management Team layouts in order to highlight any design issues if any.
· Liaise with other team members to produce design solution as per best design practice.
· Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
· Prepares subcontractor bid packages
· Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
· Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day
· Seeks & qualifies new subcontractors
· Contact supply houses and subcontractors to obtain additional bids
· Maintain creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
· Enters all relevant information into Estimating Software
· Design and maintain all construction technical catalogs and prepare supplier data
· Coordinate with project manager and administer efficient working of construction process
· Monitor lifecycle of all projects and prepare all project controls
· Evaluate all projects and recommend various cost savings methods
· Understands how to fit subcontractors to the size/ scope of project
· Degree in Construction Science, Engineering or similar relevant field, preferred
· Knowledge in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD & Bluebeam
· BIM knowledge and interest in working with Construction Technology
· Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents
· Interpersonal Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Proficient with MS Office Outlook, Work, Excel and Project